TOP ESPORTS BOOKMARKERS ONLINE 2020
BEGINNER’S GUIDE: HOW TO BET ON ROCKET LEAGUE ONLINE
Rocket League – Gameplay and Mechanics
Rocket League is, essentially, soccer played with rocket-powered cars. This dynamic gives the gameplay a whole other layer of depth compared to regular soccer. Each competitive Rocket League match is a 3v3 format. Each team has 3 player piloted vehicles on the field, who work together to set the ball into the opposing team’s goal.
- Each player chooses a type of vehicle to use. The game offers various models of vehicles that can impact your gameplay. Some options would include, vans, race cars, tanks, to even the Batmobile. Example: A larger car would be better for defending. Another type of model could be better at hitting the ball at an angle.
- The ball’s size is much larger than a regular soccer ball and is usually bigger than the vehicle itself.
- Each car has rocket boosts available that build-up by picking up power-ups on the field. This boost can help players gain increased speed or launch yourself in the air combined with jump. It is extremely handy to allow a player and team to control the ball in the air or make trick shots.
- The stadium has wall boundaries from top to bottom, meaning it will always remain inside the field. The ball will bounce off the boundary walls.
- A Rocket League game lasts for 5 minutes.
How is Rocket League different from other Esports?
Aside from player characters’ apparent substitution with rocket-cars, the two most prominent features that set Rocket League apart from other sports such as soccer are the shorter match times and the faster-paced action. With matches usually lasting only five minutes, a bettor needs to allocate less time to watch and place bets on a game. This makes Rocket League a highly attractive betting market, especially for people with limited betting experience on Esports.
Since a match doesn’t last very long in Rocket League, the initial stages of the games are usually crucial. Similar to its real-life counterpart, goals hold higher value compared to other high-scoring sports.
Rocket League Betting Types
Rocket League is still gaining traction as an Esport, as it might not be available on all sportsbooks. Most sportsbooks are hesitant to add betting options for Rocket League because the Esports scene is not as vast as other mainstream Esport genres. That lets smaller, more focused Esports betting sites come to the fore, and here you can find betting across a range of Rocket League matches.
Types of Rocket League Bets
When betting on Rocket League, you are likely to find five main types of bets. These can vary slightly in name or grouping, but they hold the same these five main functions.
These are straightforward wagers on individual matches that Team A will beat Team B. The odds will reflect that bookmakers’ calculations as to who they think will win. For example,
Odds for team G2 Esports vs Spacestation gaming are 2.5 and 1.3, respectively.
This tells us that Spacestation Gaming is the favorite team going into this match. If G2 Esports win the game as underdogs and you’d bet on them, you will get 2.5x times your bet amount. Whereas if Spacestation Gaming wins, you will win 1.3x times your original bet.
OUTRIGHT BETS or FUTURE MARKETS
These are a wager on more than a single match instead of betting on a tournament’s outcome. You might bet on a team, wagering on which teams will reach the finals or which region the winners will be from. For example, you might bet that the winning team will be from North America at the beginning of the tournament.
Also known as accumulator bets, these collect a few different wagers into one, high-paying combination. For example, you might bet that Spacestation Gaming will beat Team EUnited and that Team NRG will beat Team Dignitas. If both of those predictions are correct, you could end up winning more than if you made those wagers separately, but obviously, you also hold more risk as you might end up being half right or wrong and not getting any payout. For example,
Odds of Spacestation winning their match: 1.50
Odds of NRG winning their match: 1.40
You can wager that both these teams will win their respective match and bet $100 on that prediction. The combined bet will look like this:
Spacestation Gaming(1.5) + NRG(1.4) x $100 = $209 payout.
As the name implies, these are more specialized bets that require specific in-game knowledge and a better understanding of the players themselves. These are more specialized bets that require specific knowledge of the game and its players.
Some of the special bets that can be placed may vary from:
- Total goals: You can bet on the total no. of goals that both teams will score by the end of the match. Total goals bet requires you to bet Over or Under a number provided by the oddsmakers. You can place your bet on whether you think the total goals will be more than that number or less by the end of the game. E.g. The oddsmakers have given 3.5 goals as the threshold for a match. If the combined goals by both teams at the end are 4 or more, then the Over option wins the bet. If the combined goals at the end remain 3 or less, the Under option wins the bet
- Next goal: Here you bet on which team will score the next goal of the match. There is also a chance of no further goals being scored.
- Goal Handicap: A goal handicap involves handing the weaker team a goal advantage while taking the goal advantage from a stronger or favorite team to keep the odds fair.
For example, if Spacestation gaming has a handicap of -2.5 and EUnited has a handicap of +2.5, Spacestation Gaming has to win by at least 3 or more goals to win. Whereas, EUnited must either win or lose by 1 or 2 goals.
IN PLAY BETS
Also called Live-bets, these bets that are similar to special bets. The difference here would be that these bets are placed exclusively before the match has started. Some of the in-play bets may include:
- an over/under bet on the total number of goals scored by one of the team or in the entire game,
- who will pull off a particular technique first,
- or which team or player will score first.
The “Odds” refers to the likelihood or chance of a specific event occurring, e.g. Team X winning over Team B. Bets placed on the basis of these odds offered by bookmakers. The odds are calculated by different sportsbooks differently. So make sure to pick a decent and reputable sportsbooks with fair odds.
Odds are of various distinct types: Decimal, Fractional, American, or Implied Probability. You’ll most often come across Decimal Odds, however.
Decimal odds give you the easiest conversion from stake to return.
Rocket League Team (3.44)
|The Outcome || |
Bet $10 with odds at 3.44
RESULT: $10 x 3.44 = $34.4 (Your $10 stake included)
Rocket League Team X (3.2) vs. Rocket League Team Y (1.5)
|The Outcome || |
From these odds, we can tell that the sentiment is that Team Y is expected to win(favorites) over Team X(underdogs).
If Team Y wins, the return on your investment will be 1.5x times the amount invested. Whereas, if Team X pulls an upset and wins, the reward payout will be 3.2x times the invested amount.
These odds are represented by numbers with a prefix (+) and minus(-) sign. The positive(+) sign is assigned to underdogs’ odds and indicates the amount won for every $100 staked on the bet. Whereas, the negative(-) odds indicate the amount you need to stake to win $100 from the bet.
Rocket League Team X (-160)
|The Outcome || |
For example, Rocket League Team X having -160 favorite odds would mean you need to bet at least $160 on them to win $100.
If you win, you get $100 and keep the invested $160.
These odds are marked with a fractional number, with the top number dictating how much when you invest the bottom fractional number.
Favorable odds: Odds of 4/1 – Every $1 you bet will give you a payout of $4.
Unfavorable odds: Similarly, Odds of 1/4 – For every $4 you bet, you will receive a payout of $1.
This is a more readable way to denote odds, however this can be highly inaccurate and is mostly just used as a reference to calculate risk.
Rocket League Team X (40%)
|The Outcome || |
Decimal odds = 100 / Probability odds
E.g. 100/40 = 2.5
RESULT: A $10 stake would return $25 ($15 profit)
Tips on How to Start Betting on Rocket Leagues
Developed over 10+ years of betting online, the KBG Team recommends beginners to follow these betting tips when wagering Rocket Leagues matches online.
Tip#1: Set a budget and stick to it – Firstly check your finances and bet what you can afford. Note the notion of a get-rich-quick scheme is not applicable to Rocket League betting, so bet accordingly. If you are just starting out, review all the tips below, and build a robust betting strategy before you start.
Tip#2: Check all the odds: As you shortlist Rocket League matches you want to bet on, check all the bookmakers to find the best odds for you. Look for the odds offered that present the best profitability opportunities for you. If you can develop this edge in your wagering, you would be able to maintain a profitable betting portfolio.
Tip#3: Learn the game: Obviously, it is highly advised to bet on Rocket League only if you are familiar with the game mechanics and rules. This will help you develop a second nature in identifying the players’ and teams’ strengths and weaknesses in the match. In order to gain an advantage in PUBG online betting, make sure you analyze the match prior betting:
- Get to know the players. Some players are better online, while others play best at LAN events. This can make a huge difference depending on the tournament, so get to know the top players’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Rocket League has a large community of dedicated fans and supporters. Make sure you keep updated with all articles that the KBG team publishes regularly on our blog. Before you bet, visit Rocket League forums and sites that share the latest news on the matches and tournaments. Many avid Esports spectators will happily share their views on which teams will win or lose and why.
- You can also use the leaderboards and online databases for detailed statistics. Review previous matches of each player and team, analyze their track record, and implement your findings in your betting. Check out Twitch streams to also see the player’s skills that will be present on the match roaster.
Tip#4: Specialise in the bet types you are great at: The last tip to implement deeply into your strategy is to start indentify which betting types you can form an expertise in. Find the betting types you are most comfortable with and here’s how to find them:
- Specialize whenever possible – with so many Rocket League players and teams competing in tournaments across the globe, focusing on a particular vertical will allow you to research deeper make better and smarter betting decisions.
- Bet selectively and objectively– do not bet in panic and refrain from betting on all matches unless you’ve done the research and analysis needed.
- Don’t believe any information blindly: Make sure you critically analyze every info you receive. Start by seeing how the gathered information fits in with your current Rocket League betting strategy and see if you can improve incrementally, not outright replace the entire system.
Payment Methods Used in Rocket League Betting
KBG recommended online Sportsbooks are geared to accept a wide array of payment methods. Deposit methods you can expect include credit cards, direct bank transfers, and PayPal. Other novel methods of payments can include eWallets and Cryptocurrencies, available at selective Esports Bookies.
Here are more details on the payments you can expect when betting on Rocket League:
- Credit and Debit cards: remain the most popularly accepted means of payment across bookmaker websites. MasterCard and VISA being the most common.
- Web Wallets: These are e-Wallets that allow you to transfer funds to a virtual wallet for placing bets instead of linking your credit or debit card directly. This helps you avoid giving any sensitive financial information to the bookmaker. Skrill and Neteller are some of the most widely used e-Wallets.
- PayPal: PayPal remains one of the world’s most reliable online payment services. It helps you avoid giving your personal financial information to the bookmaker and provides an extra layer of security in transactions.
- CryptoCurrency: Cryptocurrencies can also be used to bet on bookmaker websites. These are usually not available globally due to country-specific crypto laws but are usually used to cater to smaller regions and markets. For example, AstroPay caters to Brazil and the USA. GiroPay caters to Germany and Austria etc.
- Direct Bank Transfers: Bookmaking websites commonly allow you to transfer the amount from your bank account to theirs. The betting site will provide you with its bank details.
Player Support when Betting on Rocket League
If you need some assistance at any point while betting on Rocket League the bookmakers we partnered with have you covered.
Given that most online Esport bookmakers are available around the clock, open every day, there is always some form of customer service options available via email, toll-free telephone number, or an instant chat function.
The customer service teams can assist you with anything from deposit or withdrawal issues to questions about specific Rocket League related bets you have placed.
ROCKET LEAGUE – TOURNAMENTS TO BET ON
Rocket League Championship Series
The Rocket League Championship Series (RLCS) is a biannual Rocket League tournament series produced by Psyonix. It was first announced in 2016 by Psyonix. It consists of qualification rounds in North America, South America, Europe, and Oceania.
It consists of a twelve-team playoff bracket with four teams from North America and Europe, and two teams from Oceania and South America. The qualification rounds are played in different cities, the most recent being in Madrid.
|European Region ||North America Region ||Oceania Region ||South America |
|● Team Reciprocity |
● Renault Vitality
● Veloce Esports
● FC Barcelona
● Team SoloMid
| ● NRG Esports |
● Pittsburgh Knights
● Spacestation Gaming
● G2 Esports
|● Renegades |
● Canberra Havoc
● Ground Zero Gaming
● Justice Esports
|● The Three Sins |
● Lowkey Esports
ESPORTS COUNTRY AND STATE BETTING GUIDES
Wondering how the different U.S. States approach Esports Betting? the KGB team has provided in-depth guides on how various State or County laws stack up on casino gambling. Check out the U.S. Guide below, where we’ll investigate each state and help you in your quest to Bet Responsibly, Bet Greatly:
LEARN TO BET ON ESPORTS
Pick your Esport, learn the dynamics of the match, and tap into the best betting strategies developed over the years. Can you build that elusive hot streak? There’s only one way to find out. Always remember, Bet Responsibly, Bet Greatly:
CS:GO Guide .
Overwatch Guide .
Call of Duty Guide .
League of Legends Guide
DoTA 2 Guide .
NBA2K Guide .
Rocket League Guide .
Fornite Battle Royal Guide .
PUBG Guide .
Hearthstone Guide .
Tekken Guide .
Street Fighter Guide .
Starcraft 2 Guide .
ROCKET LEAGUE BETTING FAQs
Some of the most popular betting options available for betting are Match Winner, Goal handicap, Total Goals, Next Goal.
Rocket League runs on the concept of traditional soccer/football but has simplified the rules even more, to make it easier to play and fun. People who want to bet on Rocket League and understand the gameplay can tune into any pro gameplay and have no issues following it.
On top of this, a single Rocket League match is only a few minutes in length, which is easy for research than other Esport games.
To start betting on Rocket League, you need to find a sportsbook that offers wagers on the game. After you find a reputable sportsbook of your choice, you need to register an account with them.
Any decent sportsbook will ask for your identification and proof of income while creating an account. This is to make sure that you’re not underage and are betting with your own money.
It is possible to make money on Rocket League betting. But first, you need to pick a sportsbook website that is legal in your country/state or seek an offshore one. You need to provide your identification and proof of income to register on most reputed sportsbooks websites to register an account.
The legal age for gambling can vary depending on the laws of where you live. Pretty much every sportsbook website will have a minimum age limit requirement of 18 years, if not 21.
Rocket League is one of the most popular Esports in the world right now. However, the betting scene is not yet nearly as fleshed out compared to giants like FPS or MOBA games.
You can still find several sportsbooks offering wagers on Rocket League. Rocket League tournament finals can see upwards of 100000 concurrent viewers, so it’s safe to say the game is quite popular.