TOP ESPORTS BOOKMARKERS ONLINE 2020
BEGINNER’S GUIDE: HOW TO BET ON PUBG ONLINE
PUBG – Gameplay and Mechanics
As the original Battle Royale game, PUBG has very general features and mechanics compared to modern battle royale games. There aren’t any gimmicks in the game and are really straightforward, making it easy for people to get into it.
- A player is dropped onto an island with up to 99 other players where they jump off a plane and parachute down.
- Players need to fight their way through the map against all the other players and be the last one to survive. Players can play the match solo or in a team.
- Players start off with nothing. After landing down at their chosen spot, players need to find weapons, armor, ammo, and vehicles to gain an advantage against other players.
- The spawn location of weapons and equipment is random.
- Players can use energy drinks to run faster across distances.
- Weapon attachments like scopes can give huge advantages to recoil and aiming of guns.
- There are driveable vehicles around the map that can be used to traverse long distances and avoid enemies.
- The game’s guns have actual bullet ballistics/mechanics i.e bullet travel distance, fall of, gravity and time. Making it not as easy to master at long distances.
- Every few minutes, a giant circle falls across the map that continually decreases the playable area. This forces players to be continually moving and taking part in the action instead of hiding.
- The last surviving player wins the game.
There are 5 different game modes:
- Solo: Free-for-all, last-man-standing
- Solo First-person Perspective (FPP): Same as solo play, but you must play in First Person Shooter (FPS) mode only.
- Duo: Compete in a team of two, the last pair alive wins.
- Duo FPP: Same as Duo, however you have to play in FPS mode only.
- Squad: Compete in teams of 2+ players, last team alive wins.
PUBG is still relatively new to the Esports betting scene. Battle Royales in general has been a topic of contention within the Esports community. Many believe they are not a viable Esport due to the unpredictable nature and randomness of every match in the game. Even so, there are several sportsbooks that offer wagers for the Esport. PUBG is especially known for its live betting options.
In Moneyline bets, you pick a player or team that you think will survive until the end and become the winner. It is the simplest form of bet you can make. However, considering the no. of players per match being 100+ it is a risky bet.
How Moneyline bets work in PUBG:
Players are assigned odds by the oddsmakers that determine who are the favorites and underdogs. For example,
Player A: +1600
Player B +1450
Player C: +1300
Lesser odds means that the player is expected to win or be the favorite.
The oddsmakers have a system of calculating the payout depending on the odds. For example: betting $50 on a player can net you $600 if that player does end up winning.
This bet involves betting on the overall winner or top finalists of a tournament rather than the winner of a single match.
These bets are a set of bets that are placed on the occurrence of certain events in the game. They can be of many types like:
- First kill: Bet on who gets the first kill of the game. Very risky bet as there are about 100 players in a match and things can go any way.
- Damage Taken: Bet on who takes the least damage during the entire map.
- Most Kills: Bet on the player who will get the most kills by the end of a map.
As opposed to other kinds of bets, these bets are placed after the match has begun. Meaning, you can place wagers while the match is going on. These bets focus on specific aspects of the game instead of the overall match winner/loser. Live betting is quite common for PUBG.
- Live bets: As opposed to other kinds of bets, these bets are placed after the match has begun. Meaning, you can place wagers while the match is going on. These bets focus on specific aspects of the game instead of the overall match winner/loser. Live betting is quite common for PUBG.
The “Odds” refers to the likelihood or chance of a specific event occurring, for example, Team X winning over Team B. Bets placed on the basis of these odds offered by bookmakers. The odds are calculated by different sportsbooks differently. So make sure to pick a decent and reputable sportsbook with fair odds.
Odds are of various distinct types: Decimal, Fractional, American, or Implied Probability. You’ll most often come across Decimal Odds, however.
Decimal odds give you the easiest conversion from stake to return.
Player X (3.44)
|The Outcome || |
Bet $10 with odds at 3.44
$10 x 3.44 = $34.4 (Your $10 stake included)
Team A (3.2) vs Team C (1.5)
|The Outcome || |
From these odds, we can tell that the sentiment is that Team C is expected to win(favorites) over Team A(underdogs). If Team C wins, the return on your investment will be 1.5x times the amount invested. Whereas, if Team A pulls an upset and wins, the reward payout will be 3.2x times the invested amount.
These odds are represented by numbers with a prefix (+) and minus(-) sign. The positive(+) sign is assigned to underdogs’ odds and indicates the amount won for every $100 staked on the bet. Whereas, the negative(-) odds indicate the amount you need to stake to win $100 from the bet.
Team X (-150)
|The Outcome || |
Team X having -140 favorite odds would mean you need to bet at least $150 on them to win $100. If you win, you get $100 and keep the invested $150.
These odds are marked with a fractional number, with the top number dictating how much when you invest the bottom fractional number.
Favorable odds: Odds of 5/1 – Every $1 you bet will give you a payout of $5.
Unfavorable odds: Similarly, Odds of 1/7 – For every $7 you bet, you will receive a payout of $1.
This is a more readable way to denote odds. However, this can be highly inaccurate and is mostly just used as a reference to calculate risk.
Team M (55%)
|The Outcome || |
Decimal odds = 100 / Probability odds – for example, 100/55 = 1.81
RESULT: A $10 stake would return $10 x 1.81 = $18.10 ($8.10 profit)
Tips on How to Start Betting on PUBG
Sourced from 10+ years of wager placing online, the KBG Team has developed these betting tips to help you bet effectively on PUBG matches online.
Tip#1: Stick to your budget – The first and ultimate step you need to start at, is to set a betting budget that you can afford to risk. Keep in mind, that PUBG betting is not a get-rich-quick scheme, so bet accordingly. If you are a novice at betting, review all the tips below, and build a cohesive strategy before you start.
Tip#2: Check all the odds: As you find the PUBG matches you intend to bet on, check all the various odds offered by the bookmakers. Look for the odds that do not match your read of the match. If you can develop this edge to spot the betting opportunities, you would be able to maintain a profitable betting portfolio.
Tip#3: Learn the game: It is important to know all the threads of the game and on the teams of the match. In order to gain an advantage in PUBG online betting, make sure you analyze the match prior betting:
- Landing Spot can decide the future of a player early on in the game. Look at the player. If he’s going to land in a hub, he is more likely to run into a lot of other opponents. Landing in player dense areas increases the chances of engaging in battles to the death but the risk can be worth it as it also means more potential kills. Some players prefer a defensive approach by landing in secluded spots.
- Although skill is one thing, weapons/equipment can affect players’ chances of success. Rifles, Shotguns, Snipers, scopes etc all can affect the tide of battle in an assault depending on your team’s inventory. Focusing on the weaponization choices of the team will allow you to garner insight on how the odds may change towards the endgame.
- You can also use the leaderboards and online databases for detailed statistics. Granted, the matchmaking tends to mix veterans with newcomers, but you can still see the best stand out from the rest.
- Following Twitch Streamers will help people to make better decisions on whom to pick. Streamers and Pro are more likely to compete and win, narrowing down your choices. It’s not advised to look up all 100 players in a match to make an analysis. Pros and streamers make for more reliable choices because they are at the top for a reason and you are well acquainted with their skills and tactics. Which makes them dependable.
Tip#4: Specialise in the bet types you are great at: The last tip to build into your strategy is to start forming your expertise in betting types themselves. Find the betting types you are most comfortable with and here are some guidelines to find them:
- Specialize whenever possible – with so many players, teams, and tournaments happening constantly on the PUBG networks, focusing on a particular vertical will allow you to research in more depth resulting in smarter betting decisions.
- Bet selectively and objectively– do not bet in panic and refrain from betting on any and every match unless you don’t have research and analysis to back it up.
- Don’t always believe any information blindly on face value only: Make sure you clearly analyze every info you receive. Start by seeing how the gathered intel fits in with your current strategy and see if you can improve incrementally, not outright replace the entire system.
Payment Methods Used in PUBG Betting
KBG Recommended Esports Bookmakers are geared to accept a wide array of payment methods. Deposit methods you can expect include credit cards, direct bank transfers, and PayPal. Other options such as eWallets and Cryptocurrencies are also now also being accepted at selective Esports Bookies.
Here are more details on the payments you can expect when betting on PUBG:
- Credit and Debit cards: remain the most popularly accepted means of payment across bookmaker websites. MasterCard and VISA being the most common.
- Web Wallets: These are basically e-Wallets that allow you to transfer funds to a virtual wallet for placing bets instead of linking your credit or debit card directly. This helps you avoid giving any sensitive financial information to the bookmaker. Skrill and Neteller are some of the most widely used e-Wallets.
- PayPal: PayPal remains one of the world’s most reliable online payment services. It helps you avoid giving your personal financial information to the bookmaker and provides an extra layer of security in transactions.
- Crypto Currency: Crypto currencies can also be used to bet on bookmaker websites. These are usually not available globally due to country specific crypto laws, but are usually used to cater to smaller regions and markets. For example AstroPay caters to Brazil and the USA. GiroPay caters to Germany and Austria etc.
- Direct Bank Transfers: Bookmaking websites commonly allow you to directly transfer the amount from your bank account to theirs. The betting site will provide you with it’s bank details.
Player Support when Betting on PUBG
If you need some assistance at any point while betting on PUBG the bookmakers we partnered with have you covered.
Given that most online Esport bookmakers are available around the clock, open every day, there is always some form of customer service options available via email, toll-free telephone number, or an instant chat function.
The customer service teams can assist you with anything from deposit or withdrawal issues to questions about specific PUBG related bets you have placed.
PUBG – TOURNAMENTS TO BET ON
PUBG Global Series was a major tournament series organized by PUBG Corporation in early 2020, which was supposed to culminate in the PUBG Global Championship later down the year.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the PUBG Global Series:Berlin has been cancelled and replaced with the PUBG Continental Series online competition.
ESPORTS COUNTRY AND STATE BETTING GUIDES
Wondering how the different U.S. States approach Esports Betting? the KGB team has provided in-depth guides on how various State or County laws stack up on casino gambling. Check out the U.S. Guide below, where we’ll investigate each state and help you in your quest to Bet Responsibly, Bet Greatly:
LEARN TO BET ON ESPORTS
Pick your Esport, learn the dynamics of the match, and tap into the best betting strategies developed over the years. Can you build that elusive hot streak? There’s only one way to find out. Always remember, Bet Responsibly, Bet Greatly:
CS:GO Guide .
Overwatch Guide .
Call of Duty Guide .
League of Legends Guide
DoTA 2 Guide .
NBA2K Guide .
Rocket League Guide .
Fornite Battle Royal Guide .
PUBG Guide .
Hearthstone Guide .
Tekken Guide .
Street Fighter Guide .
Starcraft 2 Guide .
PUBG BETTING FAQs
Due to gameplay’s nature in a battle royale, things are a lot more unpredictable than other Esports. Team FaZe Clan, for example, has had quite some runs in the past, but no streak lasts forever.
The game is far more punishing where sometimes luck screws you over, and no amount of individual skill could’ve prevented that. For example, landing far outside the circle on a map can open you to unaware attacks if you’re roaming.
Big companies and organizations administer major PUBG tournaments. They look after the details regarding the matches and players to make sure no tampering takes place. Licensed sportsbooks and oddsmakers will treat players fairly.
Yes, it is possible to bet on PUBG games. You can find some sportsbooks that offer wagers on PUBG tournaments. However, PUBG has become a shadow of its initial popularity. The Esport scene is not that big and doesn’t spotlight anymore apart from the mobile version.
The legal age for gambling can vary depending on the laws of where you live. Pretty much every sportsbook website will have a minimum age limit requirement of 18 years, if not 21.
PUBG has become one of the most popular Esports in the world and game in general. You can find some sportsbooks to bet on PUBG. However, due to the randomness of the Battle Royale genre, betting on PUBG is very risky.
It’s also way harder to analyze the Esport and players because there is a lot of luck and randomness involved in the game that can’t be predicted. Live betting is a preferred option for PUBG betting as predicting outcomes becomes easier the longer the game goes on.