TOP ESPORTS BOOKMARKERS ONLINE 2020
BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO BETTING ON FORTNITE
Released in 2017, Fortnite quickly became the most popular, most-watched, and most played game in the world for a time. Fortnite betting markets have also been rolled out and is expanding rapidly.
At the moment, finding sportsbooks for Fortnite isn’t as popular as the big giants like CSGO, Dota 2, LoL betting. This is mostly due to the Battle Royale genre still trying to carve its spot in the industry. By their nature, Battle Royales aren’t known for putting every player on a level playing field, which makes people skeptical of it. For example, weapon locations or spawns are very RNG dependent. This means some players will be naturally ahead than others if they land at a spot with good weapons and equipment.
Another reason being that even the most skilled players could get sniped across the map in a battle royale, and there’s nothing they can do about it. This can analyze pro players void sometimes because even if they are skilled, they can get caught if they’re unlucky.
Fortnite – Gameplay and Mechanics
Fortnite functions quite differently than regular Battle Royale games like PUBG in a lot of regards.
- 100 players fly onto an Island on a bus, which serves as the map.
- Players jump out of the bus to land at a chosen spot to gather resources, materials, and weapons.
- Players need to fight their way through the map against all the other players and be the last one to survive. Players can fight solo or in a team.
- Fortnite has a unique feature that allows players to create custom structures from gathered resources. Structures can be used offensively or defensively. A good builder can change the tide of battle easily.
- Around the map, you’ll find both small and large blue bottles, which give you 25 shields and 50 shields, respectively.
- Every few minutes, an event called Storm’s Eye occurs, which continually decreases the playable area. This forces players to be continuously moving and taking part in the action instead of hiding.
- The last surviving player wins the game.
The Fortnite meta continues to evolve weekly, as Epic Games publishes a steady stream of updates. As new weapons are introduced in the game, different builds and game-winning strategies also adopt to the changes. With every new update, spectators and players can experience new alternative winning methods during gameplay, enriching the game progressions.
Fortnite has a bunch of different modes for people to enjoy like:
- Solos: In solo mode, the player is against up to 99 other individual players. The last one standing wins.
- Duos: In duos, a player can team up with another player. In a duo match, there can be 50 teams of 2 players each, although not necessarily. Some people can also choose to go solo in duos.
- Squads: Squads are a game mode where players can make a team of up to 4 players. At most, there can be 25 teams of 4 members each. Unlike in solos, if 3 of your teammates get knocked down, the last member can still revive them.
- Team Rumble: Team Rumble is a game mode where two teams of 20 players fight against each other. The first team to score 125 kills wins the match.
Fortnite doesn’t have any major tournaments conducted, apart from major tournaments organized by EPIC Games like the Fortnite World Cup. This is a reason why Fortnite betting options offered by sportsbooks are limited or seasonal. Some of the most common Fortnite betting markets are:
This bet is used to wager on the player you think will win the battle royale match. This is a very risky bet as Battle Royales as a genre are known for upsets, and among 100 people, individual skill sometimes only gets you so far. Even if a player is skilled, he might get unlucky and not even see who shot him.
Moneyline odds in Fortnite would kind of look like this:
The players will be assigned odds individually like this. Let’s take an example below:
By these odds, we can see that Tfue is favored to win by the oddsmakers. As the match or tournament goes on, these odds can change. Some players might end up performing better and pull ahead or fall behind.
The way the odds are calculated for duos and solos is different because you’d be competing against 49 other teams compared to 100 people in duos.
After this, you can bet on $40 on Tfue winning the match in solo. If Tfue does end up winning, depending on how the odds will be calculated(usually American Odds), you can get a payout of $700 for example.
This bet is used to predict the overall winner of the tournament. Similar to Moneyline bets, outright bets are extremely risky, maybe even more so. You can also bet on the top 3 finishers at the finals.
These bets are about predicting several individual in-game events that occur during the match, not counting the match-winner. Some examples of prop bets are:
- First Kill: Bet on the player who’d get the first kill of the match.
- Most Kills: Bet on the player who’d get the most kills throughout the game.
- Top 3 Finishers: Who will be the top 3 players left before the finals
- Solos: Which player will be the last man standing in solo competition against 100 players.
- Duos: Which team will survive as the last team standing against 50 other teams.
How do Fornite Odds Work?
The “Odds” refers to the likelihood or chance of a specific event occurring, e.g. Team X winning over Team B. Bets placed based on these odds offered by bookmakers. The odds are calculated by different sportsbooks differently. So make sure to pick a decent and reputable sportsbook with fair odds.
Odds are of various distinct types: Decimal, Fractional, American or Implied Probability. You’ll most often come across Decimal Odds, however.
Decimal odds give you the easiest conversion from stake to return.
|Fortnite Team A (3.60) |
|The Outcome ||Bet $10 with odds at 3.60 |
$10 x 3.60 = $36 (Your $10 stake included)
|Team X (3.2) vs. Team Y (1.5) |
|The Outcome ||From these odds, we can tell that the sentiment is that Team Y is expected to win(favorites) over Team X(underdogs). If Team Y wins, the return on your investment will be 1.5x times the amount invested. Whereas, if Team X pulls an upset and wins, the reward payout will be 3.2x times the invested amount. |
These odds are represented by numbers with a prefix (+) and minus(-) sign. The positive(+) sign is assigned to underdogs’ odds and indicates the amount won for every $100 staked on the bet. Whereas, the negative(-) odds indicate the amount you need to stake to win $100 from the bet.
|Fortnite Team/Player A (-140) |
|The Outcome ||Team/Player X having -140 favorite odds would mean you need to bet at least $140 on them to win $100. If you win, you get $100 and keep the invested $140. |
These odds are marked with a fractional number, with the top number dictating how much when you invest the bottom fractional number.
Favorable odds: Odds of 6/1 – Every $1 you bet will give you a payout of $6.
Unfavorable odds: Similarly, Odds of 1/6 – For every $6 you bet, you will receive a payout of $1.
This is a more readable way to denote odds, however, this can be highly inaccurate and is mostly just used as a reference to calculate risk.
|Fortnite Team/Player A (40%) |
|The Outcome ||Decimal odds = 100 / Probability odds. For Example: 100/40 = 2.5 |
RESULT: A $10 stake would return $25 ($15 profit)
Tips on How to Start Betting on Fortnite
Sourced from the KBG team’s 10+ years of expertise in betting online, we have compiled these tips to help you bet greatly.
Tip#1: Stick to a budget – Set a betting limit based on how much you can afford to play in any given week or month and stick to it. Online betting should not be considered as a get rich scheme. Following this, you can maintain an affordable bankroll and extend your betting journey through the fluctuations that you will experience. Remember, always bet responsibly with money you can afford to lose.
If you are a beginner, stick to proportional betting and try to avoid higher payouts on low odds such as parlay bets. Keep in mind that, greed is the enemy of an Esports bettor.
Tip#2: Learn the odds system: Keep updated on the posted odds. Sometimes the offered odds do not match what your read is on the game. If you can develop these edges in your own betting system then you will be able to identify profitable puts when betting on Fortnite. Remember that the posted odds are managed by bookmakers to initiate betting action on both sides of the match and do not necessarily indicate how good each team is compared to each other.
Tip#3: Decode the game: It is important to develop a deep sense of knowledge on Fortnite. In order to gain an advantage in Fortnite wagering, make sure you analyze the match using this checklist:
Landing Spot can decide the future of a player early on in the game. Look at the player – if he’s going to land in a hub, he is more likely to run into a lot of other opponents. There is a high chance of death but the risk can be worth it as it also means more potential kills. Some players prefer a defensive approach by landing in secluded spots.
Look out for good builders. A player who understands the mechanics of the game and masters it will probably succeed more. Late game strategies often involve assaults and trench warfare through building skills. Anybody skilled in that will have a natural advantage.
Although skill is one thing, weapons and equipment can affect players’ chances of success. Various weapon choices (such as Rifles, Shotguns, Snipers and Rocket launchers) can affect the tide of battle in an assault depending on your team’s inventory. Focusing on the team’s weapon choices will allow you to garner an insight on how the odds may change as the game ticks towards a conclusion.
Use the Fortnite Tracker for leaderboards for a statistical snapshot of the player. Granted, the matchmaking tends to mix veterans with newcomers, and the outcome can fluctuate
Following Twitch Streamers will help people to make better decisions on whom to pick. Streamers and Pro are more likely to compete and win, narrowing down your choices. It’s not advised to look up all 100 players in a match to make an analysis. Pros and streamers make for more reliable choices because they are at the top for a reason and you are well acquainted with their skills and tactics. Which makes them dependable.
Although the Fortnite competitive scene may not be as abundant as we would like, there are some standout teams to follow that dominate the Esports scene like C9, FaZe Clan, OptiC gaming, etc. They can be some reliable choices to favor.
Tip#4: Find the bet types you are good at: When you start your betting journey aim to build confidence and expertise in a betting strategy that you are personally comfortable in. As you progress, observe closely which types of bets you find success in. This could be a good indicator of which facets of the game you have a better understanding of. Here are some guidelines to take into account:
- Specialize whenever possible – with so many matches happening annually and players taking part in each matching, focusing on a particular bet type or strategy will allow you to research in more depth which will result in smarter betting decisions.
- Bet selectively and objectively – you don’t need to bet on every match and you should always bet with your head rather than your heart–your favorite team may not be the favorite to win.
- Don’t limit yourself to only major events – minor tournaments and local events that feed into majors often feature unknown players or teams with the potential to upset their more known rivals making for juicy wins for smart betters.
- Don’t believe people’s information blindly and make your own decisions: Some individuals might just want to throw off others’ predictions by giving out unfounded information, to sway the odds and gain higher profit for themselves by cornering the market. Thus it’s better to not take everything at face value and make your own end decision through research.
Payment Methods Used in Fortnite Betting
The Esports bookmakers we recommend in this guide will accept the usual digital payment gates that we are so used to see and use in major sites across the web. Online payment methods such as credit cards, direct bank transfers, and PayPal are accepted as a means of deposit. There are other newer options that have been gaining popularity such as eWallets and Cryptocurrencies.
Most Esports Betting sites offer various payment options to cash out, these would include:
- Credit and Debit cards: remain the most popularly accepted means of payment across bookmaker websites. MasterCard and VISA being the most common.
- Web Wallets: These are basically e-Wallets that allow you to transfer funds to a virtual wallet for placing bets instead of linking your credit or debit card directly. This helps you avoid giving any sensitive financial information to the bookmaker. Skrill and Neteller are some of the most widely used e-Wallets.
- PayPal: PayPal remains one of the world’s most reliable online payment services. It helps you avoid giving your personal financial information to the bookmaker and provides an extra layer of security in transactions.
- CryptoCurrency: Cryptocurrencies can also be used to bet on bookmaker websites. These are usually not available globally due to country-specific crypto laws but are usually used to cater to smaller regions and markets. For example, AstroPay caters to Brazil and the USA. GiroPay caters to Germany and Austria etc.
- Direct Bank Transfers: Bookmaking websites commonly allow you to directly transfer the amount from your bank account to theirs. The betting site will provide you with it’s bank details.
Player Support when Betting on Fortnite
If you need some assistance at any point while betting or might have any questions or concerns, the bookmakers we partnered with have you covered.
The online Esports Bookmakers we recommend provides you with 24-hour around the clock customer service. Because online sportsbooks and online casinos are around the clock, open every day, there is always some form of customer service options available via email, toll-free telephone number, or an instant chat function.
The customer service teams can assist you with anything from deposit or withdrawal issues to questions about specific Fortnite related bets you have placed.
FORTNITE – TOURNAMENTS TO BET ON
Fortnite World Cup is an annual Esports competition of Fortnite, organized by Epic Games. The first Fortnite World Cup was held in 2019 from July 26 to July 28, 2019.
The 2020 Fortnite World cup has been canceled for the year due to the COVID-19 pandemic concerns. Although the seasonal online championship events are still on.
Fortnite Championship Series
The Fortnite Championship Series (FCS) is Fortnite’s flagship tournament series that is open to championship ranked players.
Fortnite Champion Series: Chapter 2 Season 2 is the official league for Chapter 2: Season 2. Starting on March 13, 2020, each week Epic Games will be holding online qualifiers for the Champion Series: Season Finals in seven regions. The series has solo, duo, and trio qualifiers.
FNCS is another round of competitions held by Fortnite and Epic Games, where successors of previous championships and best of each region are invited.E.g.
- The top 100 players from Chapter 2; Season 2 PC FNCS Finals.
- The top 100 players from Chapter 2; Season 2 Console/Mobile FNCS Finals.
- The top 100 players from Chapter 2; Season 1 FNCS Finals.
- The top 100 players from Season X FNCS Finals.
- Up to 100 players invited directly by Epic.
ESPORTS COUNTRY AND STATE GUIDES
Wondering how the different U.S. States approach Esports Betting? the KGB team has provided in-depth guides on how various State or County laws stack up on casino gambling. Check out the U.S. Guide below, where we’ll investigate each state and help you in your quest to Bet Responsibly, Bet Greatly:
LEARN TO BET ON ESPORTS
Pick your Esport, learn the dynamics of the match, and tap into the best betting strategies developed over the years. Can you build that elusive hot streak? There’s only one way to find out. Always remember, Bet Responsibly, Bet Greatly:
CS:GO Guide .
Overwatch Guide .
Call of Duty Guide .
League of Legends Guide
DoTA 2 Guide .
NBA2K Guide .
Rocket League Guide .
Fornite Battle Royal Guide .
PUBG Guide .
Hearthstone Guide .
Tekken Guide .
Street Fighter Guide .
Starcraft 2 Guide .
FORTNITE BETTING FAQs
Betting on Fortnite or any Esport should be absolutely safe as long as you pick a reliable and licensed sportsbook. Pretty much every major sportsbook has to be looked over by Government bodies and gaming commissions so they do not commit bad and predatory practices. Do not fall for fake-looking sportsbook websites and do some research while picking a sportsbook.
You can follow Fortnite tournament gameplay on various online platforms like Twitch.tv, Youtube and other streaming or video hosting platforms. Many pros and streamers stream their gameplay on these platforms all the time so it can be a good way to gain an insight into their gameplay and do research for choosing your betting options.
Although there is a fair amount of thought behind bookmaker odds, you shouldn’t take that as a final result that is going to occur. It is better to do your homework on the teams, players, and crosscheck your famous opinion findings.
For example, just picking the favorite or popular squad isn’t the way to go. Upsets are quite common in Esports, and it’s better to research both team’s current form and history. Not just past feats.
It is possible to make money on Fortnite betting. But first, you need to pick a sportsbook website that is legal in your country/state or seek an offshore one. You need to provide your identification and a proof of income to register on most reputed sportsbooks websites to register and account.
The legal age for gambling can vary depending on the laws of where you live. Pretty much every sportsbook website will have a minimum age limit requirement of 18 years, if not 21.
Fortnite is one of the most popular Esports in the world and game in general. You can find some sportsbooks to bet on Fortnite. However, due to the randomness of the Battle Royale genre, betting on Fortnite is very risky. It’s also way harder to analyze the Esport and players because there is a lot of luck and randomness involved in the game that can’t be predicted. Although not as big of an Esport giant as CSGO and MOBA games, Fortnite betting is still quite popular, especially during the Fortnite World Cup Finals.